Invisalign Clear Braces
If you want straighter teeth, you may have considered braces but have been discouraged by the idea of spending years with brackets and wires on your teeth. We understand! You're an adult with a busy life, and dealing with a mouthful of metal isn't an option.
In this case, Dr. Earl Santos recommends considering Invisalign clear aligners. If you have mild to moderate tooth misalignment, Invisalign can give you the straight smile you want with treatment that's comfortable, convenient, and discreet.
What Are Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Invisalign's crystal clear aligners slip snugly over your teeth like a mouthguard and gradually nudge your teeth into a straight position. Since the aligners are a smooth, plastic material, there's nothing to irritate the inside of your mouth.
One of Invisalign's most significant benefits for adults is the aligners are crystal-clear and barely noticeable when worn!
How Does Invisalign Treatment Work?
The first step is an evaluation by Dr. Santos to determine if Invisalign is right for your needs. Sometimes it's possible to correct the look of minor tooth misalignment with a couple of porcelain veneers, which might be the better option for you.
Our Invisalign dentist will perform a thorough exam and take dental and panoramic x-rays, impressions, and photos that he uses with Invisalign software to create your customized treatment plan. Dr. Santos then sends your case to an Invisalign lab that prepares your aligners according to his specific instructions.
Wearing Your Clear Aligners
When we receive your aligners, we'll schedule an appointment so you can pick them up, and we can provide instructions for how to wear them.
- Wear your first set of aligners daily for 2-3 weeks, then switch to the second set and repeat the process. You will continue wearing and switching your aligners this way until you've worn all the aligners we prescribed, and treatment is complete.
- Wear your aligners for 22 hours a day to see the fastest results
- Remove Invisalign only for oral hygiene and meals. Be sure to brush your teeth after meals and before putting your aligners back in.
- Don't drink staining beverages like red wine and coffee with your aligners, as they can stain and lose their crystal-clear appearance.
- Store your aligners safely in their case when you're not wearing them, and don't leave them in a hot car as they will warp.
How Long Will My Invisalign Treatment Take?
The length of Invisalign treatment varies from person to person because it depends on the extent of your tooth misalignment and how much movement needs to occur. You will receive the number of sets of aligners to move your teeth based on Dr. Santos's treatment plan.
Your treatment is finished when you've worn your last set of aligners, and you and Dr. Santos agree that we've achieved the desired results. In general, Invisalign treatment takes 12-24 months.
Am I Too Old for Invisalign Treatment?
No! If you're an older adult and wonder if it's too late to straighten your teeth, the answer is that you're never too old for a straighter, more appealing smile! Orthodontic treatment can move teeth at any age, and even patients in their 50s, 60s, and 70s can enjoy Invisalign's benefits.
Schedule an Invisalign Appointment in Clearwater, FL
If you would like to schedule an appointment to see if you're a good Invisalign candidate, please call Causeway Dentistry at (727) 791-1450.